Registration for the 2023 Kachemak Bay Writers’ Conference will begin on January 17, 2023 on this page. The conference will be held on the Kachemak Bay Campus in Homer, Alaska. Spaces are limited, and registration is first come, first served.
Kachemak Bay Writers’ Conference May 13-16, 2023. Starting at 8:30 am on Saturday and ending at 3:30 pm on Tuesday.
4 days of in person craft classes, conversations, generative workshops, panels, readings, and opportunities to form a writerly community and more
- Students (You must have taken at least one class in the University of Alaska system within the last three semesters and hold a valid University of Alaska ID number.): $350
- Early-bird Registration (until February 17, 2023): $400
- Public Registration (February 18-April 30, 2023): $450
- Full Registration (May 1 -May 13, 2023): $475 space available
- Access to recordings of keynote, classes, and panels for one month after the conference: $100 for those not already attending the conference. (Included in price for full registration).
To those interested in hearing Robin Wall Kimmerer or any of the other faculty read from their work, there are public readings that are free. You do not have to register for the conference to take part. Robin Wall Kimmerer will be reading at the Mariner Theater on May 13 at 8pm. Jason Mott, Paisley Rekdal, and Francisco Cantú will be reading at Alice’s Champagne Palace at 7:30 on May 14. Sara Eliza Johnson, Reyna Grande, and J. Drew Lanham will be reading at the Kachemak Bay Campus at 7:30pm on May 15.
Agent and Editor Meetings:
In 2023, we will be joined by Daniel Slater, editor at Milkweed Editions, and Jin Auh, agent at the Wylie Agency. You may sign up for a meeting with Daniel or Jin when you check in for the conference on Friday, May 12 or Saturday, May 13. These meetings are filled first come, first served. There is no additional fee for an agent/editor meeting.
There are limited scholarships available for to offset some of the costs of the conference. If you are interested in a scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application.
All scholarship applications must be filed by February 28 at 5pm Alaska Time to be considered.
Accommodations for a disability:
If you will need accommodations for a disability to fully access the conference, please contact Erin Hollowell at email@example.com.
A $30 registration cancellation fee will be charged for refund requests.
There will be no refunds for cancellations after 5:00pm on April 15.