A spectacular combination of first-rate faculty, true camaraderie, and dazzling scenery.
June 8 – 12, 2018
Sponsored by Kachemak Bay Campus – Kenai Peninsula College /UAA
Held in Homer, Alaska, this nationally recognized writing conference features workshops, readings and panel presentations in fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and the business of writing.
Since 2002, the Kachemak Bay Writers’ Conference has been at the heart of Alaska’s growing literary community. With its focus on community and craft, this conference strives to celebrate and enhance the connection between writers and readers in our communities.
Location: Homer, Alaska at Land’s End Resort
- Daily workshops, panel presentations, readings and craft talks.
- Opening keynote dinner, four luncheons, and more.
- Manuscript reviews; optional; additional fee.
- Sessions dedicated to an “open mic” for conference registrants.
- Evening readings open to the public; free.
- Agent / Editor Consultations; optional.
- Boat Cruise; optional; additional $60 fee.
- “First Pages” Session; submissions due on May 1
- Writers’ Circles
- Silent auction of literary and book related items to raise scholarship funds
- Post-Conference Workshop
- Lower and upper division academic credit available.